The Farm Vision Committee was formed in 2006 to promote and coordinate the educational use of the farm. The Farm Vision Committee consists of Ohlone teacher representatives from each cluster group, the Farm Aide, and the Farm Council chair(s). These are the voting members of the Committee. Other parent representatives also serve on the committee, at the discretion of the teaching staff members.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
· Determine the future direction of development and organization of the farm, both physically and conceptually as it pertains to the integration of Farm activities into the curriculum of the classroom
· Facilitate the use of the farm by the teachers through the sharing of ideas and resources.
· Oversee, in conjunction with the Farm Aide, the use of parent volunteers during classroom time
· Provide the farm aide with guidance as to the translation of curriculum into activities
· Approves all policy with respect to the use of the Farm
· Propose projects for review by the Farm Council
· Develop and share with other teachers curriculum that uses the unique attributes of the farm to enhance student’s educational experience
· Update other teachers on a regular basis regarding relevant farm issues such as new procedures, activities, facilities or curriculum
· Seek input from other teachers on issues that will affect their use of the farm
The vision team is made up of Ohlone staff members to oversee the curriculum used at the Farm and to recommend new projects to improve the use of the Farm.